Welcome to the Jensten Group, a family of complementary businesses with a shared commitment to delivering insurance distribution excellence. Through our underwriting, wholesale and retail operations we offer a complete insurance service to the UK’s brokers and private insurance customers.
Closing Date: 07 October 2021
The Senior Underwriter will lead the underwriting governance & discipline in our Huntingdon underwriting centre. The purpose of the role is To deliver profitable trading performance for both Policyfast and the supporting insurers/capacity through the provision of an excellent underwriting service to Policyfast agents & our Retail Jensten partners.
This is a fantastic time to join the team as we continue to expand our service offerings through both organic and acquired new business.
You can expect to receive fantastic career opportunities both locally and within the wider group and access to fantastic training and development.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Managing the underwriting processes of the Policyfast underwriting teams, improving procedures and ensuring key performance indicators are achieved.
• Lead on underwriting governance & trading, monitor the preparation of quotation packs for complex referrals to our Underwriting & Products Team & capacity providers.
• Assist the Underwriting & Products team with maintenance and development of Policyfast’s underwriting criteria, rating, policy wordings, terms and conditions.
• Ensure all Policyfast trading staff are suitably trained and develop underwriting competency levels for product knowledge
• Provide quotation and renewal terms to brokers
• Ensure that documentation is issued in a timely manner to agents.
• Monitor business performance, income and profitability
• Assist the Underwriting & Products team in the development of new products and schemes
• Develop relationships at a senior level with supporting insurers/capacity providers and agents
• Monitor competitor activity and ensure the firm remains competitive in terms of products and services offered.
• Monitor levels of satisfaction and act as necessary to improve
Key Skills/Competencies & Qualifications
• Act with integrity at all times
• Ability to lead and manage an underwriting team in achieving targets and objectives.
• Account manage an underwriting account, including understanding of key performance indicators and setting priorities and action plans accordingly.
• Ability to manage own business targets to achieve personal financial objectives
• Thorough knowledge of underwriting criteria, rating, terms and conditions applicable to our facilities.
• A strong general knowledge of the Insurance market and legislation requirements
• ACII or progression toward preferable
A wholesale underwriting agency offering a range of insurance products to UK brokers. Policyfast provide brokers access to an array of standard and niche products via many of the UK’s leading insurers.